Bartlemas Conservation Area
A conservation plan, including a core of historic buildings surrounded by allotments, playing fields, woods and a watercourse, rich with wildlife was analysed and assessed by MBA to assist Oriel College in its long term management. The College have owned the site since 1329, when it was a leper colony.
The site’s many layers were explored including urban form, landscape character, historic significance, and an acoustic analysis of the site and its surrounding townscape.
Site & Conservation Plan
- Bartlemas Conservation Plan – Assessment 2005
- Bartlemas Site Plan
- Bartlemas – Design Access Statement
- Project Architect
- Marcus Beale Architects, Barry Stow
- Russ Canning & Co.
- Oxford, UK
- Pantin Library, Oriel College
- Chapel, Oriel College
- Porter’s Lodge, Oriel College
- The Rhodes Building, Oriel College
- Bartlemas Conservation Area