08. Other Services
Table of Contents:
- 01. Defining Small Works
- 02. Building Operations
- 03. What are the stages of a building project?
- 04. Do I Need An Architect?
- 05. Employing An Architect
- 06. Architects Appointment
- 07. Architects' Services
- 08. Other Services
- 09. Conditions of Appointment
- 10. Recommended Fees & Expenses
PART 2 OTHER SERVICES
This part describes other services which are not part of the architect’s preliminary and basic services described in Part 1 but which may be provided to augment them.
- Make measured surveys, take levels and prepare plans of sites and buildings.
- Make inspections, prepare reports or give general advice on the condition of premises.
- Make structural surveys to ascertain whether there are defects in the walls, roofs, floors, drains or other parts of a building which may materially affect its safety, life and value.
- Take particulars on site; prepare specification and/or schedules for repairs or restoration work and inspect their execution.
- Make an inspection or valuation for mortgage or other purposes.
- Prepare special drawings, models or technical information for the use of the client.
- Provide services in connection with demolition works.
- Design or advise on the selection of furniture and fittings; prepare detailed designs for works of special quality.
- Provide services in connection with landscape and garden design.
- Prepare schedules of rates or schedules of quantities for tendering purposes; value work executed where no quantity surveyor is appointed. Fees for this work are recommended to be in accordance with the professional charges of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Provide services in connection with structural, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Provide information; make applications for and conduct negotiations in connection with local authority, government or other grants.
- Conduct exceptional negotiations with planning authority.
- Prepare and submit an appeal under planning acts; advise on other work in connection with planning appeals.
- Conduct exceptional negotiations for approvals under building acts or regulations; negotiate waivers or relaxations.
- Submit plans of proposed building works for approvals of landlords, mortgagors, freeholders or others.
- Advise on the rights and responsibilities of owners or lessees including rights of light, rights of support and rights of way; provide information; undertake any negotiations.
- Provide services in connection with party wall negotiations.
- Provide specially prepared drawings of a building ‘as built’.
Other Services (Part 2) are normally charged on a time or lump sum basis.