05. Employing An Architect
Table of Contents:
- 01. Defining Small Works
- 02. Building Operations
- 03. What are the stages of a building project?
- 04. Do I Need An Architect?
- 05. Employing An Architect
- 06. Architects Appointment
- 07. Architects' Services
- 08. Other Services
- 09. Conditions of Appointment
- 10. Recommended Fees & Expenses
Typical steps in the selection and appointment of an architect are as follows:
- Contact architect to discuss requirements, location, approximate budget, and to arrange an initial interview.
- Initial meeting on site, to meet each other, to assess the building and its opportunities. It is a good idea to interview more than one architect. The RIBA Search Engine is a useful tool.
- If you wish to proceed, the architect will write setting down the terms of appointment and fees, and the client will confirm acceptance in writing. From here on in fees are chargeable for the time the architect devotes to your project.