03. What are the stages of a building project?
Table of Contents:
- 01. Defining Small Works
- 02. Building Operations
- 03. What are the stages of a building project?
- 04. Do I Need An Architect?
- 05. Employing An Architect
- 06. Architects Appointment
- 07. Architects' Services
- 08. Other Services
- 09. Conditions of Appointment
- 10. Recommended Fees & Expenses
What are the stages of a building project?
- A focused desire to build.
- An initial brief: write down what you want. Select architect.
- Get information about the building or site
- Initial designs leading to scheme design
- Planning permission
- Detailed design and production information
- Building Regulations approval
- Select contractor, pre-contract meeting, sign contract.
- Operations on site
- Defects inspection and final certificate.
Remember that building decisions should be taken in the light of an expert appreciation of the actual circumstances. Each building operation is unique. Don’t rely solely on the information contained in these pages in order to make your building decisions. And please remember we are practising architects – not lawyers!