02. Building Operations
Table of Contents:
- 01. Defining Small Works
- 02. Building Operations
- 03. What are the stages of a building project?
- 04. Do I Need An Architect?
- 05. Employing An Architect
- 06. Architects Appointment
- 07. Architects' Services
- 08. Other Services
- 09. Conditions of Appointment
- 10. Recommended Fees & Expenses
What do I need in order to build?
- an intention to build, a desire
- a design
- a pair of hands to build it
- the money to pay for it
Cost, time, and quality. These three issues at some stage in the building process will conflict. It is worth setting out your priorities at the start of a project. We sometimes ask clients to allocate points to each – as a way of focussing on their relative priorities. Mark each out of ten, with a maximum score of 21.
Keys to a successful project:
- plan ahead
- describe clearly and carefully what you want
- choose a construction team capable of giving you what you want
- work with the construction team to deliver a successful project
- expect problems and put in place a method of dealing with them.
- pay promptly