Each client has unique circumstances of cost, time, quality, length of investment, long term value, durability; a strategic brief.
Most of our work is from concept to completion.
This ensures that the project team are directed by people who understand the site, the client’s requirements, design strategy and method of construction; which have developed, sometimes over years, prior to the commencement of building operations on site.
We advise on the selection of suitable consultants and contractors and coordinate and lead the design and construction team. The practice operates efficient, concise communications and an auditable design trail.
We bring transferable skills across a wide range of project sectors to the unique circumstances of each project.
We provide architects services from feasibility, design, construction detailing, tendering and directing building operations on site.
- Architectural design and management of construction from conception to completion
- Urban design in city centres and historic environments
- Consultation and civic participation for architecture projects.
- Heritage and conservation
Since 1991 MBA has worked in the following sectors:
- Arts and performance
- Commercial development
- Health care
- Housing including for people with disabilities
- Individual houses
- Industrial buildings
- Listed buildings
- Places of worship
- Sustainable development
- Small works locally
- Temporary installations
- Urban design.
- Clifton College, Bristol
- Cumnor House School, Sussex
- The Crown Estate
- Church Commissioners
- English Heritage
- Harrow School
- Holy Trinity Clapham
- John Marshall Trust
- King’s College School, Wimbledon
- Laing/Galdedale Hastings Ltd
- Lifestyle Projects
- London Borough of Lambeth
- London Borough of Merton: Estates, Plans and Projects, Regeneration
- London Borough of Southwark: Regeneration
- GMS Estates
- Marchday plc
- New College Oxford
- Nuffield College Oxford
- Oriel College Oxford
- The Rhodes Trust
- Rootstein Hopkins Foundation
- Royal Holloway College University of London
- St Hilda’s College Oxford
- St. Peter’s College Oxford
- School of Pharmacy – University of London
- School of Theology and Philosophy – Heythrop College, University of London
- University College School
- Westminster Abbey – Dean and Chapter
- Wimbledon and Putney Commons Conservators
- Wimbledon College of Art – University of the Arts London
- Wimbledon Guild
- Winchelsea Estates
as well as many other property holding companies & individuals.
Many are multiple repeat clients.
MBA act as conservation architects with other practices including:
- David Kohn Architects
- Gort Scott Architects
- Stanton Williams Architects