A design-led London architecture practice
MBA, established in 1991, builds across a wide range of building types, often in historic and highly protected environments, including inner city areas, Grade I and II* Listed buildings and landscapes, Conservation Areas, Scheduled Monuments and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. MBA apply a conservation methodology, which involves:
- Studying the wider picture including topography, landscape, history and culture
- Consulting with people who know the place well
- Managing change carefully and imaginatively, preserving and enhancing cultural significance.
With this approach surprising design opportunities open up.
Half our work is new build. Half for institutions. We advise developers on difficult sites. We collaborate with other architects on major conservation projects across UK.
MBA is an ISO 9001:2015 Registered Firm.
- Architectural service from conception to post-completion
- Conservation and management plans
- Conceptual design
- Design review
- Detailed design of fixtures, metalwork and joinery.
We think laterally, listen to clients and users, assemble appropriately skilled construction teams and lead to deliver successful results: that is maximum professionalism and impact, minimum fuss. Built results are project-specific, well researched, sustainable and popular in use.
- Future Wimbledon Urban Design Ideas Competition 2014
- Sussex Heritage Trust Award 2010
- Environmental Award
Bristol Civic Society 2005
- Alteration and Conversion
Waverley Design Awards 2003
- Business and Community Partnership
Best of Business Awards – 2001
- Innovation in Public Garden Design
Metropolitan Public Gardens Association – London 2000
- Excellence in Housing – under 50 units
Highly Commended – Brick Design Awards 1996
- Enhancement of the Character of Oxford Highly Commended – Oxford Civic Trust 1996