A design-led London architecture practice
Marcus Beale Architects was established in 1991 to do smart new things in old places.
MBA make buildings across a wide range of building types, often working in historic and highly protected environments, including inner city areas, Grade I and II* Listed buildings and landscapes, Conservation Areas, Scheduled Monuments and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
MBA work hard to analyse and understand a place before changing it.
We study the wider picture including topography, landscape, history and culture.
We consult with people who know the place well.
Thus prepared, surprising design opportunities open up.
MBA operates across the UK on institutional, commercial and residential projects, balancing these sectors so that skills learnt in one can be applied to the others.
About half our work is new build. We operate across the UK and occasionally overseas, yet have strong roots in our local community.
MBA is an ISO 9001:2008 Registered Firm.
- architectural service from conception to post-completion
- conservation and management plans
- conceptual design
- detailed design of fixtures, metalwork and joinery.
We think laterally, listen to clients and users, assemble appropriately skilled construction teams and lead to deliver successful results: that is maximum professionalism and impact, minimum fuss. Built results are project-specific, well researched, sustainable and popular in use.
- Future Wimbledon Urban Design Ideas Competition 2014
- Sussex Heritage Trust Award 2010
- Environmental Award
Bristol Civic Society 2005
- Alteration and Conversion
Waverley Design Awards 2003
- Business and Community Partnership
Best of Business Awards – 2001
- Innovation in Public Garden Design
Metropolitan Public Gardens Association – London 2000
- Excellence in Housing – under 50 units
Highly Commended – Brick Design Awards 1996
- Enhancement of the Character of Oxford Highly Commended – Oxford Civic Trust 1996